Thursday, February 19, 2009

This Week...

February 19th, 2009

So not too much has happened since London, although the time really seems to fly here. I think having only four days of classes help. I have had a lot of time to relax since London... Last week classes went well. I am learning more songs on the practice chanter, and I finally learned how to play G and D grace notes. I have been practicing a song called "The Barnyards of Delgaty" which I guess doesn't sound that interesting, but it is better then the Christmas music I have been playing! My other classes are going well, I have printed some of my photos for photography and they actually seem to be coming out okay.

Last Wednesday (the 11th I think) I was supposed to travel up north to Aberdeen for a hockey game, but the pitch was covered in snow so that didn't happen... I didn't mind though because we got to play in Ayr on Saturday for Valentines Day (we won 4-2). I would like to add here that Valentine's day in the UK is HUGE. When I left that morning to walk to campus for my game, I must have passed a thousand couples strolling through the park... That night a bunch of us went out to dinner at Bar Budda for our own Valentine's Day gathering. To keep the food theme going I would like to add that I had the red pepper and goat cheese pizza again... still so good. And being Valentines Day, not only did I have peacan pie for dessert, but when I met up with my roommate and some other friends after dinner, I joined them for crepes!

Sunday was peaceful, and I spent the day catching up on some work. This week I finished the third Twighlight book and am looking forward to starting the final one! Yesterday we were supposed to have another hockey game but the team didnit show. Today I went to class and then booked a flight to Dublin which was exciting! I am going there the weekend of March 5th... And then tonight at 4am the epic journey to Paris begins!! I am so excited, although it should be an interesting trip there... our flight leaves around 630am... ahhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment