Sunday, February 1, 2009

First Week of Classes!

January 15th, 2009

My first week of classes has officially ended! I am surprised I was even able to put a schedule together with all the difficulties I was having in the beginning of the week. Classes started on Monday, but by Sunday night I was still pretty confused with the courses I was taking. I had spent the weekend exploring Glasgow, and didn't have too much time to think about classes. On Saturday we went into the city and walked around for awhile. We explored the Glasgow Art Gallery and then at night went out to our friends flat to teach some German friends how to play beer pong. Sunday was a little more relaxing as we went to see "Slumdog Millionaire" that evening at the worlds tallest movie theatre (it was definitely taller then the Millerton Moviehouse).

Monday morning I went up to the Fraiser building on campus and officially registered for the university. After registering I met with various professors to finalize my schedule. I definitely prefer signing up for classes online, but unfortunately that was not an option here... I finally finalized my schedule and was excited for the classes I chose. I am taking: Discrete Mathematics, Number Theory, Exploring Scottish Culture, Black and White Photography, and Bagpiping.

Tuesday was my official first day of classes, as I had Discrete Mathematics at 9am and Number Theory at 10am. No matter what country I am in I always seem to end up with 9am courses... both my professors were nice and so far I had no issues understanding accents. That evening the BC group went out to dinner with Kirstin Heggie. We went to an Italian restaurant called Paperino's. Apparently BC provides Kirstin with a budget to plan different activities for us to do in Scotland so dinner was free! I guess we will be heading up to the Highlands and attending a rugby match later in the semester...

Wednesday and Thursday went by quickly as I went to the rest of my classes. Photography hasn't started yet, but I am definitely looking forward to it next week. My bag piping class should be pretty interesting... my first lesson is Monday and I am nervous haha... we start out learning on an instrument called the chanter so that should be pretty interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment