Thursday, February 5, 2009

Australian Day, Classes, and Field Hockey

January 31st, 2009

This week seemed to have flown by... Monday was Australian Day so we went out that night after classes to celebrate. I had a lesson for the bag pipes today... I am slowly getting better!! But before we went out for Australian Day, we met up at the Research House on campus to have dinner and book our bus tickets for London! We are leaving February 5th and traveling through the night... hopefully the ride will be smooth enough so that I can sleep!! After we booked our tickets we walked to an Australian bar called Walkabout in city centre. A bunch of our friends from Australia had beat us there and were celebrating and dancing to the music. It proved to be a fun night!

Tuesday morning I had to get up early for class. My math professor told us today that the "Euclidean Algorithm was a miracle of nature," and I found that to be a pretty amusing statement... After class I walked down to the Botanic Gardens to finish my role (roll?) of film for my photography class. That night I went to field hockey practice with the club team here. The girls were really nice and I was really excited to finally join the team... they practice every Tuesday night and sounds like it should be alot of fun!

The rest of the week went by really fast... my friend Sal made the BC group an Italian meal which tasted really good, and proved to be the start of a new trend... Friday another friend Sean made some Texas style chili for us all which was also very good! Saturday morning I woke up around 10 and got ready for my first field hockey game!! I had to go to four different stores before I could finally find a mouth guard, and then set off to meet the team at the Union. The game was soooo much fun! We ended up winning 3-0 and I actually scored a goal which was cool- my first international goal haha... we have two games next weekend but unfortunately I will have to miss them because of London. After the game the entire team went to PJ Champs which is a sports bar on Byres Road. They sponsor our team, so after every game we get to go there and enjoy a free lunch! That night I went out with some friends to Bar Budda for dinner. This is by far my favorite restaurant I have come across... the red pepper and goat cheese pizza is AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment