Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Global Village

January 22nd, 2009

The second week of classes have just about come to an end. Normally Thursday would be the last day of classes for me, however, my photography class was rescheduled to Friday this week due to a lack of film for the cameras. The international society sponsored an event called Global Village tonight. Before I went, I met up with the BC group to work on some travel plans. We booked a flight to Paris for the weekend of February 20th and I am so excited!! According to one of my friends it will be an "epic journey" as we have to take just about every method of transportation Thursday night to get to Paris... but either way I am really looking forward to the trip.

After booking the flight, we all headed over to Global Village for a night of food and music. They had food at the event from all different cultures. It was very crowded so we didn't get to try too much of the food and ended up going up to the Union for some snacks. But, the music was great! They had a live band play, and after they finished, different dance groups on campus performed.

No comments:

Post a Comment