Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Classes and Such

February 26, 2009

So the week after Paris proved to be pretty busy. It is about that time where internship applications and such are due... But I figured I would give an update on all my classes, since we are just about half way done!

Discrete Mathematics- My professor for this class is probably the most awkward man I have ever met. He is a nice guy, but in tutorials he will walk over and ask if you have a question, and if you say "no," he just stands there and stares over you... but the class itself is going ok, it is probably my hardest class here.

Number Theory- I am enjoying this class a lot. We just got a new professor, because our original professor had to take a medical leave of absence. The guy is really nice. We had our midterm Thursday and it went pretty well material wise. Test wise, I seemed to miss out on a few key directions... apparently we were not supposed to write in pencil (I don't know why it is a math test), we can't write on the backside of the pages, and we can't write in the margin. I of course wrote in pencil, wrote on the backside of the pages, and wrote in the margins. But I told the professor and it shouldn't be a problem.

Scottish Culture- This class has been going well. I only have two more classes left before it's done! We spent are last lecture in the Kelvingrove Art Museum. It was surprising nice having a tour guide explain the different artwork to us.

Black and White Photography- I am really enjoying this class. We just developed are second roll of film. I was excited, because I brought this role to Paris with me, so I will be able to develop some of those pictures in class on Wednesday. There are a couple nice pictures of Notre Dame and of the couple proposing haha...

Bag Piping- My lessons are slowly coming along... this week I am learning how to play "Auld Lang Syne." This song includes grace notes and strikes which I have been practicing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment